AirTouch Connections Ltd Data Privacy Statement
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways including:
- 1. Information you provide. When you open AirTalk VoIP account you will be asked to provide various information including your name, address, telephone number(s), email address and maybe credit card details before you are able to use the service. Before using the Company DID Numbers, you may also be asked to provide a copy of your personal identification document (such as Passport or National ID) and proof of physical address.
- 2. Information automatically collected. Our VoIP switching systems capture details about the origination and destination numbers of calls you make as well as the date, time and duration of each of your calls. When your computer Web browser accesses our Web site we automatically receive your IP address which we require to ensure that information is only passed to the customer who requested it. We may also set cookies (small data files) on your computer when you access our Web site to ensure that as you move from Web page to Web page our system knows who you are and provides only information related to your specific account.
- 3. Information from other sources. We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may receive credit information from third-party sources before initiating your service. We may also purchase personal information (for example, e-mail lists, postal mail lists, demographic and marketing data) from third parties.
- 4. Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use personal information for a variety of business purposes, including for example, verifying your identity, to respond to your requests for service or assistance, to resolve problems with our services, to create and improve products and services, to suggest additional or different products or services and to protect our rights and property. We may also use personal information to contact you about the Company or third party products, services, and offers that we believe you will find interesting. We may contact you by telephone call, text message, postal mail, e-mail, or other methods.
HOW CAN YOU LIMIT THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We want to provide you with meaningful choices regarding our marketing communications and you may choose to limit or 'opt-out' of certain or all communications from the Company at any time.
- You can manage your account online. To change your marketing preferences, log into your account using your AirTalk App, go to 'Settings' and click on 'About and Help then “Contact Us”.
- To update your information, go to here and sign in to your AirTalk account to look at your personal information. You can change how we get in touch with you and your account details whenever you like.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to unaffiliated third-parties except where we believe in good faith such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or respond to legal process (for example, lawful court orders), to enforce or apply agreements, to initiate, render, bill, and collect for services and products, to protect our rights or property, in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, to protect users of our services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services, to facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to Kenya government or if we determine disclosure is necessary in an emergency situation.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY INFORMATION?
You may access and modify your personal information by logging onto your AirTalk VoIP account or by contacting us on 254723403466 or email@example.com providing the necessary security information to allow access to your account information.
AirTalk MOBILE App
AirTalk, our mobile App for Android and iOS, requests access to your phone's contact list so it can be used in the 'Contacts' section in the App. You must allow this access in order to dial saved contacts from AirTalk.
CUSTOMER PROPRIETARY NETWORK INFORMATION (CPNI)
Customer Proprietary Network Information, or CPNI, is a subset of personal information that is created in connection with the telecommunications services that we provide to you. CPNI includes, for example, call records, the services you have with us and certain information about your rate plans and the features that you use. CPNI does not include your name, address, and phone number. Under Kenyan law, you have a right, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI and we have adopted policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with those rules. We will never intentionally disclose your CPNI to unaffiliated third-parties, except as allowed under applicable law, or as explained in this policy. We may however, with your permission, disclose CPNI to affiliated companies for marketing purposes.
You may inform us of any decision to change access to your CPNI using any of the methods set forth above in 'How Can You Limit the Use of Your Personal Information?' Please remember that, should you deny us permission to use your CPNI, we will be prevented from providing you with information regarding our other services or services offered by our affiliates.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MONITORING
We may monitor and record phone calls, e-mails, or other communications between you and our Customer Support Centre representatives or other employees for training and quality assurance purposes and to review specific transaction requests.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe, there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, the need to comply with our internal policy and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Subject to legal and contractual exceptions, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These are listed below:
- Right to be informed that we are collecting personal data about you;
- Right to access personal data that we hold about you and request for information about how we process it;
- Right to request that we correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to request that we erase your personal data noting that we may continue to retain your information if obligated by the law or entitled to do so;
- Right to object and withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data. We may continue to process if we have a legitimate or legal reason to do so;
- Right to request restricted processing of your personal data noting that we may be entitled or legally obligated to continue processing your data and refuse your request; and
- Right to request transfer of your personal data in an electronic format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within reasonable time. Occasionally it could take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
RIGHT TO LODGE COMPLAINT
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority that is tasked with personal data protection within the Republic of Kenya.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THIS STATEMENT
The Company shall have the right to terminate any agreement with you for failure to comply with the provisions of this statement and reject any application for information contrary to this statement.
OTHER GOVERNING TERMS
This policy does not modify or alter any applicable agreement you have with the Company. For example, our Terms and Conditions govern your use of our services and the Company website. If this policy conflicts with the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions govern to the extent of the inconsistency.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
The Company reserves the right to amend or modify this statement at any time. If we are forced to modify this policy due to changes in legislation or for any other reason we will notify you in writing and/or via email at least 30 days prior to such changes being implemented. In addition, you may wish to refer to this policy for the latest information and the effective date of any changes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this policy or about the Company’s privacy practices, please call us on 254723403466 or email us on email@example.com
Additional information regarding privacy of information is available in the Data Protect Act, No 24 of 2019. Further information can be found at the Communication Authority of Kenya website www.ca.go.ke.